GoTeamsGo Sports Fan Forum Photobucket  

Go Back   GoTeamsGo Sports Fan Forum > NASCAR Forums > Sprint Cup
User Name
Password
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Sprint Cup NASCAR Forum. ShortTrack to SuperSpeedway, come trade some paint with other race fans. Talk about everything that's NASCAR racing in our NASCAR Forum.

Old 06-07-2009, 07:36 AM
I'm A Dude

saltysenior is on a distinguished road
Two Questions Today

#1..What talent agency does nascur use to provide the singers for the national anthem ????

#2..Who is the new squeeze hanging on to Kyle at Nashville ???
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 06-07-2009, 07:42 AM
GoTeamsGo - Admin
Staff Badge

LSC9901 has disabled reputation
Re: Two Questions Today

Quote:
Originally Posted by saltysenior View Post
#1..What talent agency does nascur use to provide the singers for the national anthem ????

As for #1, I believe it is a gentleman named Dave Finley. He is in charge of everything (entertainment wise) before and after the race.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 06-07-2009, 09:03 AM
Special Teams

flflash47 is an unknown quantity at this point

1. Dave Finley works with many independent talent agency's and groups to find the national anthem singers. Many of the singers have tie ins with sponsors and civic groups. Some are great some are............
Personally I just wish they would sing the correct lyrics in the traditional manner. I also prefer the children groups and not well known singers.

2. Samantha Sarcinella last I heard?
Old 06-07-2009, 10:00 AM
Official F1 Moderator, Motorsports Curmudgeon and All Around Good Guy
VIP Member Badge

Bob Tanner is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:

Is it up to NA__AR to provide the entertainment, Salty, or is it the responsibility of the track and its promoter?

My feeling is that if NA__AR is involved directly, it's overstepping it's bounds a bit and getting into areas where it has only a marginal interest. However, I can think of another gigantic entity who does the same thing, so...??? What else is new?
Old 06-07-2009, 10:30 AM
Sprint Cup Moderator
Staff Badge

Robertdjr will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Whoever it is, I'm pretty sure why she's with him...
Old 06-07-2009, 10:43 AM
All Pro

DodgeFB is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robertdjr View Post
She seems to smile a lot.
Old 06-07-2009, 10:51 AM
I'm A Dude

saltysenior is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by DodgeFB View Post
She seems to smile a lot.

if he does other things as good as he drives a race car, she should be smiling..........
Old 06-07-2009, 02:06 PM
NASCAR Trivia and History Moderator
Staff Badge

kerribear17 is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:

I second that. Not to be shallow but I think he's become less attractive since he started. Not that I found him attractive in the first place. I just don't wanna be totally rude
Old 06-07-2009, 06:00 PM
Administrator, Motorsports Guru & Crotchety Old Fart
VIP Member BadgeStaff Badge

Racer Duck will become famous soon enough
Send a message via Yahoo to Racer Duck

Quote:
Originally Posted by kerribear17 View Post
I second that. Not to be shallow but I think he's become less attractive since he started. Not that I found him attractive in the first place. I just don't wanna be totally rude
so smiling and winning makes him less attractive?
Sponsored Links
Old 06-07-2009, 06:02 PM
Administrator, Motorsports Guru & Crotchety Old Fart
VIP Member BadgeStaff Badge

Racer Duck will become famous soon enough
Send a message via Yahoo to Racer Duck

Quote:
Originally Posted by flflash47 View Post

1. Dave Finley works with many independent talent agency's and groups to find the national anthem singers. Many of the singers have tie ins with sponsors and civic groups. Some are great some are............
Personally I just wish they would sing the correct lyrics in the traditional manner. I also prefer the children groups and not well known singers.

2. Samantha Sarcinella last I heard?
amen

. . . . .
Old 06-08-2009, 12:51 PM
The Intimidator

nascaraddict is on a distinguished road

Quote:

Isn't prositution legal in Nevada.

Isn't that where Kyle's from?

Just thinking out loud.
Old 06-08-2009, 01:28 PM
Official F1 Moderator, Motorsports Curmudgeon and All Around Good Guy
VIP Member Badge

Bob Tanner is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by nascaraddict View Post
Isn't prositution legal in Nevada.

Isn't that where Kyle's from?

Just thinking out loud.
Even as much as he's generally disliked (especially after his little guitar smashing tirade at Nashville - what a PUTZ!), I just don't see him having to hire a working girl. Being young and famous has its perks, especially in the area of "trophy girlfriends."
Old 06-08-2009, 01:59 PM
All Pro

DOF_power is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob Tanner View Post
Even as much as he's generally disliked (especially after his little guitar smashing tirade at Nashville - what a PUTZ!), I just don't see him having to hire a working girl. Being young and famous has its perks, especially in the area of "trophy girlfriends."

And very well paid.
Old 06-08-2009, 03:42 PM
Starter

Bassdogs is an unknown quantity at this point

What was the deal with the guitar smashing act? Guess he sees himself as a rock star. I don't like the guy, haven't been a fan from the get go, and have been pretty clear in previous comments about that. BUT this latest BS after the Nashville race was over the top. Some guy spent a lot of time painting that guitar trophy and his action was bush [no pun intended] league, disrespectful and shows his total lack of maturity. Too bad driving talent doesn't necessarily give you manners.
Old 06-08-2009, 03:56 PM
Sprint Cup Moderator
Staff Badge

Robertdjr will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bassdogs View Post
What was the deal with the guitar smashing act? Guess he sees himself as a rock star. I don't like the guy, haven't been a fan from the get go, and have been pretty clear in previous comments about that. BUT this latest BS after the Nashville race was over the top. Some guy spent a lot of time painting that guitar trophy and his action was bush [no pun intended] league, disrespectful and shows his total lack of maturity. Too bad driving talent doesn't necessarily give you manners.
The worst part about it was his comments afterwards. They were typical of today's spoiled brats, who think they can tear anything up, and writing a check will make it right.

On top of that, he lied yesterday about his talk with Sam Bass and the track president, when he said they were all "ok with it"...

...Meanwhile on Monday, Nashville Superspeedway vice president/general manager Cliff Hawks said, “It’s still hard for me to watch.”

Renowned racing artist Sam Bass, who spent countless hours hand-painting the $2,000 Gibson guitar that for nine years has been the track’s trademark trophy, had this to say Sunday night on Nashville’s WSM radio: “I wonder how Kyle would like it if I took a hammer and smashed his race car?”

Bass said he was “totally shocked and stunned” as he watched Busch repeatedly dash the guitar to the pavement in Victory Lane.

“I was so shocked that I just stood there,” said Bass of the incident that has the racing world buzzing. “I couldn’t believe my eyes. I was heart-broken.”

Hawks shared his disbelief.

“When Kyle drew back the guitar like he was going to slam it down, the thought flashed through my mind: ‘No, surely he’s not going to do it!’ And then he did it. I stood there in total disbelief. It was very upsetting.”

“We had absolutely nothing to do with it – I was as shocked and disappointed as everybody else,” he said. “This is all on Kyle.”

Hawks said Busch has not apologized to him or the track for the incident.

Bass said he was given a lame apology and later posed for a photo with Busch and what was left of the shattered instrument. But while Bass smiled for the photo, he was seething inside.

“Let’s just say I wasn’t happy,” Bass said.

Busch said he would buy two guitars to replace the one he destroyed and even joked about how Bass would make more money by painting more guitars.

“I don’t think he gets it,” Bass said. “He destroyed something that can’t be replaced. He can buy a replica but he can’t replace the original.”

Smashed Guitar Strikes Sour Chord In Music City | Racin' Today