GoTeamsGo Sports Fan Forum Photobucket  

Go Back   GoTeamsGo Sports Fan Forum > NASCAR Forums > Sprint Cup
User Name
Password
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Sprint Cup NASCAR Forum. ShortTrack to SuperSpeedway, come trade some paint with other race fans. Talk about everything that's NASCAR racing in our NASCAR Forum.

Old 01-20-2013, 07:54 PM
All Pro

R.Lee is an unknown quantity at this point
Don't expect Dodge back soon!

I'm not surprised at this news!

Dodge not expected back soon: Don't look for NASCAR to add a new manufacturer anytime soon. Vice president of competition Robin Pemberton said during Friday's "Gen 6" test at Charlotte Motor Speedway that he doesn't anticipate another manufacturer joining Ford, Chevrolet and Toyota in the "foreseeable future ... the next year or two." Dodge pulled out of the sport after winning the championship last season with Brad Keselowski and Penske Racing, which moved to Ford in 2013. There has been speculation that Dodge might return in 2014, possibly with a premier team such as Richard Childress Racing that has fallen to third among organizations in the Chevrolet fleet. Pemberton said the governing body periodically gets "cold calls" from potential manufacturers, but none that appear ready to join the sport in the next few years.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 01-21-2013, 10:23 PM
All Pro

bob101 is on a distinguished road
Re: Don't expect Dodge back soon!

Why would they? The cars that most makers need to sell are better suited to racing in other series. Just look at the Austrialian V8 Supercar series. Those cars resemble that makes of cars that makers actually want to sell. Even GM and Ford said they weren't all that happy about racing the pony cars in the Nationwide series because they really rather push other cars over the Mustang and Camaro.

Not to mention look at the investment needed only to go poof when a team goes belly up or NASCAR introduces a new generation of car.

I don't think the target audience of car makers such as Honda, Hyundia, Kia, Audi, VW, BMW, etc...really have any interest in being exposed to NASCAR advertising. I guess Toyota made it work but a lot of that came from the truck series where Toyota was going head to head with the American big 3 in sales.

Serious question time. Do you think Dodge sold any more vehicles because they won the Sprint Cup at the end of the season compared to not winning or even not competiting? I would say that would be hard to determine and less flattering when you look at the budget involved.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Sponsored Links
Old 01-22-2013, 08:21 AM
The Intimidator

nascaraddict is on a distinguished road

Darn. I had forgotten that Dodge was getting out of the sport. Stupid, stupid, stupid!
Old 01-23-2013, 11:19 PM
Towel Boy

dispatchokirt is an unknown quantity at this point

d i t t o !!