GoTeamsGo Sports Fan Forum  

Go Back   GoTeamsGo Sports Fan Forum > NASCAR Forums > NASCAR Trivia
User Name
Password
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

NASCAR Trivia NASCAR Trivia Questions. Ask and answer trivia questions about NASCAR history and your favorite drivers here. NASCAR Trivia Questions.

Old 09-04-2006, 10:03 AM
Towel Boy

dunnjt45342@yahoo.co is an unknown quantity at this point
Pit row became pit road,when

A friend and I were watching the race yesterday and he asked when, what year or where, the term "pit row" became "pit road" and if they are now interghangeable terms?
Thank you
have a great holiday
remember out troops laboring in hostile foreign lands

Jerry D.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Sponsored Links
Old 09-04-2006, 12:54 PM
Touchdown Tennessee!

epic37311 is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: Pit row became pit road,when

I dunno but is Pit Row where they park and Pit Road the way they get to pit row?
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 09-04-2006, 04:10 PM
Official F1 Moderator, Motorsports Curmudgeon and All Around Good Guy
VIP Member Badge

Bob Tanner is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by dunnjt45342@yahoo.co
A friend and I were watching the race yesterday and he asked when, what year or where, the term "pit row" became "pit road" and if they are now interghangeable terms?
Thank you
have a great holiday
remember out troops laboring in hostile foreign lands

Jerry D.
Jerry, I believe you will find that "Pit Row" is an older term, still in use. The area where the European Grand Prix cars pitted was commonly called "Pit Row."

This is merely a SWAG but I would say that, in the context of today's NA$CAR, "Pit Row" would apply to the like of pits along the pit wall, which separates the pits from the infield. "Pit Road" is the avenue the drivers use to get to their respective pits. I believe, in general, the two terms are used interchangeably, or merely condensed to "Pits."
Old 10-06-2006, 12:00 PM
Practice Squad

dhmn is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via Yahoo to dhmn

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob Tanner
Jerry, I believe you will find that "Pit Row" is an older term, still in use. The area where the European Grand Prix cars pitted was commonly called "Pit Row."

This is merely a SWAG but I would say that, in the context of today's NA$CAR, "Pit Row" would apply to the like of pits along the pit wall, which separates the pits from the infield. "Pit Road" is the avenue the drivers use to get to their respective pits. I believe, in general, the two terms are used interchangeably, or merely condensed to "Pits."
I believe that's correct, that pit row is the actual pit stalls and pit road of course is the road alongside where the speed limit occurs. Did a little google searching and that's what I'm coming up with. (old thread I know, but I'm scanning through stuff after joining recently)