GoTeamsGo Sports Fan Forum  

Go Back   GoTeamsGo Sports Fan Forum > NFL - American Football Conference (AFC) > Cleveland Browns
User Name
Password
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Cleveland Browns Cleveland Browns Forum. Chat Cleveland Browns football with fans in the Browns message board. Cleveland Browns forum.

Old 07-22-2006, 06:23 AM
Bench Warmer

Cleveland Browns News is an unknown quantity at this point
Post New Cleveland Browns uniforms

Up to the minute news about the Cleveland Browns from GoTeamsGo. We'll find the latest Cleveland Browns news so you can chat about here.

Quote:
Notes: Browns' unis get even more old school; second-rounders ...
USA Today - 6 hours ago
CLEVELAND ? The Cleveland Browns are changing their uniforms, but don't look for anything drastic like logos on their helmets when training camp starts ...
Browns tweak uniform, switching to black shoes and gray facemask Akron Beacon Journal
all 4 related

Sat, 22 Jul 2006 04:53:00 GMT
Post your comments about this story here.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 07-22-2006, 08:22 AM
GoTeamsGo Hall of Famer!

Lefty Noob is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: New Cleveland Browns uniforms

According to USA Today, the Cleveland Browns, to honor their 60th anniversary, are altering their facemasks, shoes and jerseys to look more like the team's original uniforms. "The Browns wore gray facemasks and black shoes until they switched to white in 1975.... Also, the brown striping on the sleeves of their brown jerseys will be eliminated to resemble the jersey worn in the early years. The number on the back of the helmet will shift to the right of the stripe, rather than one numeral on each side, reflecting the style used in the 1960s." I dig the old school look, so this'll be pretty cool if you ask me. What do you think?
Old 07-22-2006, 08:42 AM
Coach

ThePundit is on a distinguished road
Cool Re: New Cleveland Browns uniforms

I think it's fine. I've always been a fan of black shoes in all sports.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 03-05-2008, 12:33 AM
Unregistered

It seems to me that when teams change their uniforms, it changes their fortunes as well. How can we wear a throwback that looks like the same thing we already wear? Some of fans that I have read in other places or talked to who insist "don't change the tradition" are hysterical!! What tradition? Otto Graham and/or Marion Motley? They wore a WHITE helmet!! What tradition? Jim Brown? Do they think if they wear a uniform like his that they'll play like his team did? Has that worked in the 40 years since he last played here? After him, our only "tradition" has been LOSING!!! I agree with some of them that say that the helmet should not be touched, being that it IS THE TEAM LOGO!!! The jersey and pants don't need a drastic change AT ALL!! A classy and modern look would be a brown jersey with white numbers, possibly trimmed in a thin orange pinstripe, a thick orange stripe down the side that continues down the leg to a solid orange stripe around the calf. The orange stripe down the leg would be trimmed with a brown pinstripe on either side of the orange stripe. The pants could be white, but I believe that a very light tan as I have seen on some leather team jackets would be awesome. I use that particular color scheme on Madden, and it looks great. The white jersey would reverse the colors of the numbers and shirt, but remain exactly the same.
Old 05-26-2008, 08:21 AM
GoTeamsGo Hall of Famer!

Lefty Noob is an unknown quantity at this point

Hmm... the unregistered poster has a point. It worked for the Bucs, and now it's worked for the Browns. They're not punching bags anymore.
Old 08-19-2008, 10:14 AM
VictorSlade

I hope last night's (Monday night) was not the new package! Black pants w/ no stripes, yuck. I'm pretty sure the numbers were black, and I think the stripes on the jerseys and helmets were also black. They still are the Browns, aren't they?
Old 08-20-2008, 12:23 PM
All Pro

Dusty is an unknown quantity at this point

Going retro worked for both New York football teams. Let's see how it does for the Browns. The only thing is that the Browns uniforms are the plainest in the NFL even before they started taking off stripes and now they'll look twice as plain. No distinguishing marks are logos on them. I disagree with this move.
Old 08-20-2008, 04:18 PM
MVP

Seahawker 562 is an unknown quantity at this point

I dont care really, there changing the color of their shoes? so what?
Sponsored Links
Old 08-20-2008, 10:36 PM
NY Yankees Mod
VIP Member BadgeStaff Badge

Zip Spin will become famous soon enough

Looks like the Browns are now actually wearing brown.